RogueSorcery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Server Launch

3 posters

Go down

Server Launch Empty Server Launch

Post by Rogueleader89 Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:00 pm

The plan for the start of this server is to launch the moment minecraft 1.8 is out and bukkit has a reasonably stable dev build out to support it. This said, while I'm trying to keep the core of this server's plugins within my own control, there may be some delay depending on whether or not the few plugins required that aren't under my control get updated quickly or not.

In the meantime, I've been coding and worldbuilding on a local test server; however, if anyone is seriously interested in devoting time to worldbuilding I am open to the possibility of opening up a smaller worldbuilding server prior to the full launch (current plans call for 5 worlds, 4 temples in the main world, the 4 other worlds fairly customized).
Rogueleader89
Rogueleader89
Admin

https://roguesorcery.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Server Launch Empty Re: Server Launch

Post by Rogueleader89 Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:45 pm

Alright, I've sorted out a few things on my end, I can take less than 5 people for worldbuilding immediately if they are willing to do so through hamachi + skype (since I can't host locally 24/7 so we'd have to coordinate a bit), otherwise if this isn't acceptable there is a minimum of 5-6 people needed for worldbuilding for it to be worth it for me to set up a smaller server ahead of time.
Rogueleader89
Rogueleader89
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sirpecka Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:57 pm

Im game. Friday through sunday i dont work and most nights I can be free. EST of course.
sirpecka
sirpecka

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogueleader89 Fri May 09, 2014 10:54 pm

m.roguesorcery.com now connects to the server I am worldbuilding on if anyone wishes to help out.

Last edited by Rogueleader89 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rogueleader89
Rogueleader89
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JadeXyan Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:15 am

Who is doing the waterworld and can I raise the water level 50 blocks?

JadeXyan

Back to top Go down

Post by sirpecka Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:28 pm

Go for it. Crazy was originally in charge of making the world but he seems to have all but dissapeared.
sirpecka
sirpecka

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogueleader89 Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:27 pm

Final Warning to people helping with world building, we are rapidly approaching server launch. I will be saving all of the temples on Monday next week, so this is the last week/weekend you'll have to modify/finish temples (I'm fairly sure all of them are finished except water). I expect worlds to be completed by Monday the week after, if you think you need more time/help or if something has come up that will prevent you from finishing the tasks you have taken on now is the time to speak up. I have been running through each place and most of them look pretty good, if I don't hear back from people I'll do a final run-through of the temples this weekend, and the worlds the weekend after and determine whether or not they iare ready to go, if they are not then myself and whatever volunteers can be mustered will finish it.

The server will officially launch within a few weeks of that final date, but I will have it fully set up and open to our existing community within a day or two of said date (waiting on one final thing and I want a margin of safety regarding worlds/temples/setup before we go public all at once) regardless of whether or not 1.8 is out (because jeb is taking too long...)
Rogueleader89
Rogueleader89
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JadeXyan Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Air temple is done water world will be done by the world deadline, who is on the earth world?

JadeXyan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rogueleader89 Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:35 pm

Alright, all temples are finalized, I'm saving them all and doing the last steps with them tonight, they look good; any changes made to them at this point will not be carried to server launch.

And a reminder to people on worldbuilding, the deadline for worlds is one week from today, be ready, or if you won't be, let us know ahead of time so we can ensure all of the worlds are done for server launch.

The current plan is to publicly launch the server the weekend after worldbuilding is complete (barring 1.8 pre-release coming out that weekend or serious plugin issues).

As stated above however, those of you looking to play on the server sooner will be able to within a few days of worldbuilding completion, If you choose to play on the server during this pre-launch period I warn you that I will be treating this time as a beta, expect bugs and issues, I warn you that if 1.8 is released prior to the public launch the main world will be reset for that, I warn you that plugins may not work completely.

Also during the beta period there will be no quests and no ability to access the other worlds that have been built. I also do not guarentee that we will have enough mods to enforce the rules in a timely fashion (though I don't see  this as a huge issue since you've all been on my servers before and apparently like this place enough to stick around Razz, that said I'll still ban people who think they can take advantage of this, it just isn't likely to happen quickly)

Despite all these warnings, I encourage all of you to participate, I need people to make use of our systems to iron out bugs in plugins and flaws in the logic behind certain systems if they exist and I would very much like to see our community come back together, see who is still here, who is active.
Rogueleader89
Rogueleader89
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum